PADI Instructor Examination
PADI Instructor Examination in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
The PADI Instructor Examination IE is a standardized, objective evaluation conducted by PADI Instructor Examiners from PADI Asia Pacific who fly to Kota Kinabalu several times a year.
We schedule our Instructor Development Courses to end just before the I.E will begin so that everything is still fresh and our candidates are well prepared.
The Instructor Examination (IE) is a 2 day examination whereby Instructor candidates must successfully complete the following segments:
- 5-part Theory Exam
- PADI Systems, Standards and Procedures Exam
- Knowledge Development Prescriptive Teaching Presentation
- Demonstration quality five skill circuit
- Confined Water Teaching Presentation
- Rescue of an Unresponsive Diver at the surface to demonstration quality using a pocket mask or mouth-to-mouth
- Open Water Teaching Presentation with two skills combined (skills can be from the Open Water, Advanced Open Water or Rescue Diver courses, assigned by the I.E)
The timeframe of the IE may vary depending on location, logistics and numbers of candidates. The most likely timeframes are:
- Evening Orientation and exam(s) followed by two days of evaluation
- Morning Orientation followed by all evaluation over remaining two days
The instructor candidate must successfully complete all components of the PADI IE in order to earn the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) certification.
As an OWSI, you are qualified to teach various experience programs, the Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Rescue and Divemaster courses in addition to the Peak Performance Buoyancy, AWARE Coral Reef Conservation and Project AWARE Specialty courses.
The cost of the IE is not covered under our IDC Course and is paid direct to PADI Asia Pacific.
Participants are accepted through application only so please contact us for more information, our courses run throughout the entire year.
Safety is paramount, we adhere to PADI standards and procedures and follow British HSE guidelines.