PADI Divemaster Course
Kota Kinabalu is a great location for a divemaster qualification
- hotel transfers*
- boat transfers
- park entry & jetty fees
- guide / instruction
- equipment rental
- 10 Days
- from RM 2,700 (US$ 870)
Come and spend a month with us on Gaya Island and take your PADI Divemaster Internship and enjoy UNLIMITED diving.
If you do not have a month available the PADI Divemaster Course can be completed in 10 days subject to certain pre-requisites.
The PADI Divemaster program is the first professional level in the PADI System of diver education. Entering the professional world of scuba diving brings exciting challenges and endless possibilities.
As a certified Divemaster you’ll be able to act as a certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors.
You will plan, organize and lead dives, supervise participants in PADI experience programs for uncertified divers, teach and certify PADI Skin Divers, conduct the PADI Scuba Review program for certified divers and enroll in PADI Instructor level training.
Throughout the PADI Divemaster Course you will work closely with our Instructor training team who conduct numerous Instructor Development Courses every year.
PADI Divemaster training focuses on professionalism, leadership and diver supervision.
You’ll complete three phases in the PADI Divemaster program:
- Watermanship and skills assessment
- Watermanship and stamina exercises which accrue points for a a passing grade
- General diving skills – perform 20 skills from the Open Water Course to demonstration quality
- Knowledge Development
- Diving physics, Diving physiology, Diving skills and environment, Supervising students in training, Dive management and control, Dive planning, Emergency assistance plan for Diving emergencies in the local area, Mapping a local open water site
- Practical Application
- This involves training activities using various structured training sessions, simulated scenarios and internship sessions with actual PADI programs. These training sessions enable you to gain practical experience as an instructional assistant and a supervisor of open water diving activities, both as a coordinator and as an underwater guide.
- Upon successfully completing the PADI Divemaster program, you’ll receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You’ll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required to conduct some activities).
Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent). Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent).
Have logged a minimum of 20 open water dives prior to entry into PADI Divemaster training.
Completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster.
Be at least 18 years old. Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
The Divemaster Course can be run in as little as 10 days, however we feel that one month or longer internships are far more beneficial for the participant.
For this we provide accommodation in Kota Kinabalu city and participants benefit from UNLIMITED diving for the month.
Plus, not only do interns get to deal with real students (under the direct supervision of an instructor), but also learn the mechanism of a real PADI 5 Star IDC Center.
Participants are accepted through application only so please contact us for more information, our courses run throughout the entire year.
We pride ourselves on small group instruction ensuring our clients get the very best of attention from the instructor.
Safety is paramount, we adhere to PADI standards and procedures and follow British HSE guidelines.
You can begin your PADI Divemaster training NOW by registering for eLearning and beginning the Dive Theory program.
This PADI Divemaster qualification is a pre-requisite for the PADI Instructor Development Course.