Become a PADI Instructor
This is the best value Scuba Instructor Internship offered today!
This full 1-month program leads up to the 2-day PADI Instructor Examination. Throughout the internship you will undergo intense training from the Go PRO Instructor Team to ensure 100 % success.
Not only this but you will be ready to teach in the real world of Scuba diving.
We offer UNLIMITED diving throughout the program and you dive EVERYDAY if you wish, so gaining the required amount of experience is fun and convenient as we dive 3 times a day – everyday!
You have daily unlimited and un-restricted access to our lagoon right in front of our PADI 5 STAR IDC Centre, so any skill that we feel requires additional work can be performed and re-repeated until mastered.
You will also receive training workshops in the following areas:
- CESA Workshop
- Rescue Workshop
- Underwater Photography Workshop
- Ascents & Descents Workshop
- Control Workshop
PLUS IDC Preparation course where we cover Dive Theory.
Our PADI 5 STAR IDC Centre is surrounded with fantastic diving. Even though you will be here to learn, diving is part of this education and with 49 dive sites on our doorstep, no time is wasted on long boat or car rides.
By joining our Facebook profile, you will see what we get up to every day and read about other internship candidates’ daily activities.
All internships include private, en-suite accommodation with air-conditioning.
PADI Go PRO PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Internship
Duration: 1 Month
- One Month Unlimited Scuba Diving from our Downbelow Beach House Dive Centre in Tunku Abdul Rahman Park includes Pleasure Diving – Boat and Shore/ Jetty Dives, plus Learning to be a Diving Educator;
- Internship Training in a working PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre, gaining insight into Business of Diving;
- Full Instructor Development Course – 12 Days, EFR Instructor Course 2 days. The first segment is the 5-day PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course, followed by EFRI. The second portion is the 6-day PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program;
- IDC Workshops;
- IDC Preparation – Dive Theory;
- IDC Crew Pack: includes IDC workbook, Instructor Manual (paper or digital), Open Water Lesson Planning Slates, Confined and Open Water Cue Cards, Advanced Open Water Instructor Cue Cards, Rescue Diver Instructor Cue Cards, Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Outline, Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exams Booklet, Rescue Final Exams Booklet, Divemaster Final Exams Booklet, PADI Back Pack. (New 2010 Version);
- EFR Instructor Manual with Binder;
- Lunch and Refreshments Daily when at Beach House Dive Centre on Gaya Island;
- All Jetty and Park Fees;
- All transfers to/from Mainland in KK to Downbelow Beach House Dive Centre;
- Free use of Wireless Internet at Dive Shop & Classroom;
- Company rate on all travel packages offered by Downbelow Marine and Wildlife Adventures Sdn. Bhd. (this includes world class Sipadan & Kapalai, Lankayan, Layang Layang & Wildlife Adventure Safaris);
- Accommodation: clean & comfortable private en-suite with shared communal facilities in KK city. Its great for socializing.
- Our licensed minivan will pick you up from your accommodation and bring to the marina for our speedboat departure to the island and bring you back everyday, so you don’t have to worry about any logistics.
- PADI Fees:
- I.E. Fee: AU$ 785.00
- IDC Application Fee: AU$ 227.00
- EFRI Application Fee: AU$ 266.00
- Airfare to Kota Kinabalu & Evening Meals, Alcoholic Beverages, Items not mentioned above.
Pre-requisites for joining the Internship
- Proof of Open Water, Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster certifications or equivalents
- Certified Open Water Diver for at least 6 months
- First Aid & CPR training within the last 24 months (PADI Emergency First Response is recommended)
- Diving Medical Statement signed by a physician and dated within the last 12 months
- Proof of at least 60 logged open water scuba dives
- Proof of experience in deep, night & navigation diving
If you do not meet these pre-requisites – NO PROBLEM; please contact the Downbelow Go PRO Instructor Team, telling us your current qualification level and available time to complete the course and we will propose a suitable program.
You will no doubt have many questions, please fell free to contact us and download our Frequently Asked Questions pdf for further information
See what previous IDC candidates got up to in our IDC Photo Collection