Scuba Diving, Sea Kayaking, Snorkelling – 7 Days/6 Nights
Fill out the contact form and get in touch. We will reply in a jiffy!
This program is suited to the avid diver and non diver alike and provides an idilic setting for turtle and orang utan sightings.
Lankayan Island, located within the Sulu Sea, 80km off the northeast coast of Sabah, Borneo takes Eco Tourism to another level.
Comprising 20 luxury-detached chalets, each on the beach with balconies over looking the ocean, open air buffet style restaurant, dive station, turtle hatchery and conservation centre, the resort oozes peace and tranquillity.
Snorkel and scuba dive with turtles, with the possibility of seeing turtles laying eggs and clutches of eggs hatching.
Unlike neighboring Turtle Island, Lankayan Island is small and only accommodates small numbers of people.
Before returning to Kota Kinabalu you will stay at Sepilok Nature Resort, located a short walk (5 mins) from Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Sanctuary.
This program can be extended and there is choice of accommodation within Kota Kinabalu to suit all budgets. Please contact us to discuss this tailored trip in more detail.
Arrive Kota Kinabalu and transfer to your choice of overnight accommodation.
Dinner at Leisure.
Day Two (L,D)
Take Malaysian Airlines flight from Kota Kinabalu to Sandakan Airport (MH2042 arrives 0810 hrs). Pick up and transfer to Sandakan Yacht Club jetty for 10am departure to Lankayan Island (approx 1.5 hour speedboat ride).
Overnight at Lankayan.
Day Three and Four on Lankayan Island (B/L/D)
Day Five (B)
Depart Lankayan at 7am, return to Sandakan Yacht Club and transfer to Sepilok Nature Resort.
Visit the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre for 10am feeding. There is also a feed at 2pm.
A visit to the Rainforest Discovery Centre nearby is also recommended.
Dinner at Leisure, optional jungle night walk.
Overnight at Sepilok Nature Resort.
Day Six (B)
After a leisurely breakfast and morning strolls around the tropical resort trails in search of wildlife, depart for a lunch time return flight to Kota Kinabalu (consider adding a Wildlife Adventure Program to this itinerary).
Dinner at Leisure.
Overnight at your choice of accommodation.
Depart KK or proceeds to next program.
- all land/ sea transfers within Sabah (excluding airfare)
- all meals as described per day B = breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
- tea/coffee, cold water and cordial served throughout the day
- accommodation on a 2 person sharing basis, children up to 3 years go free if sharing with parents
- park and entrance fees (but excludes camera fees)
- diver or non-diver packages available
- whilst on Lankayan, 3 boat dives daily around the island (diver package) except on arrival & departure day whereby due to transfers in or out some boat dives may be missed
- unlimited pier dives in front of the dive centre for divers with own buddy
- no extra charge for night dives in front of dive centre for advanced diver or diver with night dive experience (only with own buddy)
- dive tank, weight and belt for diver snorkelling around the resort (dive and snorkel gear available for rental at dive centre)