We’re in the thick of Big Shark Shout Out Week! It’s your chance to stand up and rally for sharks.
As a passionate diver you probably know that Big Shark Shout Out Week is a big push by divers worldwide to shout for sharks and raise awareness to a level where our numbers can make the change needed to save them.
Collectively we can change policies to manage the main shark threats: overfishing, bycatch and finning.
But action, we need action! So what can you do this week contribute to the survival of sharks?
- Start off by signing both shark protection petitions: Shark Alliance’s Unfinished Business and Project AWARE’s Give Sharks a Chance. Remember, sign both;
- Then join the AWARE Shark Conservation Speciality course to distinguish yourself as a passionate shark defender and be equipped with the knowledge and tools you need to fight the good fight;
- Get a PicBage showing your support for the cause and, while you’re there, invite your friends. The more people are in on it, the better;
- If you have a blog or a website, you can add the Shark Petition Widget and ask people to use it to sign their name to the petition;
- On your Facebook page (not your profile, a page) you can add the Take Action Now Facebook App to collect more signatures;
- To direct funds to the cause, arrange a Big Shark Shout Out event or fundraiser;
- Write a blog about Big Shark Shout Out Week and what action your readers can take to help sharks;
Downbelow is shouting for sharks during Big Shark Shout Out Week, are you?